Championship Show SC Critique
NORTHERN COUNTIES CHIHUAHUA CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW 27.10.19
JUDGE MRS SHARON ROBSON (TIDOS)
Thank you to the committee for inviting me to judge, also thanks to my 2 stewards and the exhibitors for a lovely entry of 93. I have recently had the pleasure to judge longcoats, so this was an interesting comparison of both breeds. I personally found them to be on pretty level pegging, mouths although not a huge problem were no better than in the longcoats. What i was surprised at was the amount of small ears which are creeping in which spoils the expression of otherwise nice dogs, something to watch. Apart from that, and a few with slipping patellas, quality was good. As always as a judge i had to make some difficult decisions, its my job to judge the dogs fairly and not just try and share prizes out.
VETERAN DOG 0
MINOR PUPPY DOG (6,3)
1. SUTTON - ARISTODEMOS SPACEMAN NIKITOS - what a smashing puppy. cream with dark pigment, superb outline with straight front, level topline and good turn of stifle. so well schooled, moved with drive. really top draw this lad. No surprise to later find out his sire was my CC winner. definitely one to watch, BP in breed. Think he was a little tired and over come for best puppy in show, but he is still only very young.
2. OLIVE - MOLTOBELLO RINGLEADER AT OOZORA - cream, bigger lad, hope he doesnt grow on, saying that he is a nice shape. moved and showed well in great condition
3. SKELTON - GARNOX PAINT IT BLACK
PUPPY DOG (4,1)
1. HUMPHREYS - AMARANTOS PASKAL - lovely small cream boy. fine boned but well balanced. lovely shape. moved well around the ring. very appealing head features and expression. good sized ears, nice puppy
2 SLAVINEC - CHARONCHI FRANKIE DIAMONDS - larger red and white boy. lovely shape in profile with level topline, just kept dropping his tail
3 JONES - COPYMEAR ECHO BY PEPEETOLYNN
JUNIOR DOG (6,1)
1. LANE - DENIQUE HEYPRESTO very pleasing red and white youngster. liked his head and expression, large dark eye, good stop and length of muzzle. moved well around the ring
2. DALY - LOZMARCHI CAFE AU LAIT CHI DEL MAR (imp spa) very pleasing tri coloured boy of good type. nice topline and tail set and carriage. good reach of neck onto level topline. moved well with drive. pushed hard in this quality class.
3 HALLS JORAZAN ROCKY BALBOA JW
NOVICE DOG (5,1)
1. AS 1ST MINOR PUPPY
2. DAVIS - CHIBULL RONALDO -sweet small cream boy. sweet expression and good overall shape. not too happy today and kept dropping his tail
3. MASSEY - CHIBULL TRUE MIRACLE
GRADUATE DOG (6,1)
1. PRICE - TORRE DEL PILAR CRACKERJACK OF KIRCYAN (IMP ESP) - fawn, good size and balance. large dark eye, good sized ears with nice length of muzzle and deep stop. held tail well on stand and move.
2. WRIGHT - JAHNEEMAHS SMOOTH CRIMINAL AT ANGIQUE bigger set lad, nice topline and reach of neck. large hazel eye, went well
3. BLACK - CHINZAES HES BONZER
POST GRADUATE DOG (3)
1. FOTHERGILL - BONDOR MR SUNSHINE AT DIAMONDCHI JW - ive written 'easy win' in my notes for this lad. nicely balanced, good topline and tailset. good spring of rib. moved well but had a tendancy to keep dropping his tail
2. DAVIS - SWEETPANACHE TOMB RAIDER AT CHIBULL - chocolate and tan. bigger boy but nicely put together. looked good in profile. would prefer a bigger ear
3. HARTLEY AND FAHEY - ZOOMEERA HOT CARGO
LIMIT DOG (7,1)
1. LANGFORD - BOETANDALES JACK SPARROW - loved this lads head features. large dark eye, good stop and length of muzzle. good expression. well marked. moved well
2. STIRZAKER - AMELIACHI MALING MEMORIES JW ShCM - nice cream, solidly made with good muscle tone and turn of stifle. pleasing expression. moved well
3. HARTLEY AND FAHEY - ZOOMEERA HOT CARGO
OPEN DOG (5,1)
1. FOTHERGILL - DIAMONDCHI MISTER MOON JW ShCM - cream, nice boy who excels in profile, good reach of neck onto level topline, good set on of tail which he carries over his back at all times. nice turn of stifle, moved with drive
2. HARTLEY AND FAHEY - BOETANDALES LITTLE RIVER THROUGH ZOOMEERA - red, good solid lad. large dark eye with good size of ears placed well on skull. well muscled. good reach and drive when mooving
3. LANGFORD - BOETANDALES JAMES BOND
CHAMPION DOG (3)
1. SUTTON - CH NOW OR NEVER DE L'ISLE AU VERT COTEAU NIKITOS JW (IMP FRA) my star of the day. you really need to get your hands on this boy to fully appreciate his quality. text book looks, large dark eye, good dentition, large flaring ears which are well placed. good reach of neck onto spirit level topline. ticks all the boxes in profile and on closer inspection. has a ring presence that i always look out for, that 'look at me' attitude, and to be honest i couldn't stop. if i get a smoothcoat i want one like this. DCC, BOB. delighted to see him win BEST IN SHOW , i'm not surprised
2. FACEY - CH COPYMEAR CALENDAR BOY JW - wolf sable boy, i have judged this boy before and glad to say he has settled down a bit and matured well. Good head proportions, moved well and showed a lot better than last time. unlucky to meet class winner today, RCC but again delighted to see him win Res BEST IN SHOW
3. ANDERSON - CH LUMANATII ROLLING THUNDER
VETERAN BITCH (2)
1. SUTTON - CH LOZEK RHAPSODY IN BLUE NIKITOS JW - well nobody told this lady she is a veteran, shes so full of life, never stopped wagging her tail. Nice type and in very good condition for her age. Best Veteran in breed and again over the moon she won BEST VETERAN IN SHOW, very well deserved.
2. HARTLEY AND FAHEY - ZOOMEERA INDY'S ANGEL JW - another nice golden oldie also enjoying her day out, lovely to see. showed and moved well
MINOR PUPPY BITCH (6,1)
1. HOBBS - ARISTODEMOS MAGIC DANCE - what a super puppy. solid boned and well muscled. dreamy expression with super dark pigment, nice length of muzzle, good dentition and nice sized ears. very well schooled i thought with good movement and drive. Found out again later she was sired by my CC winner, very interesting. also one to watch BP bitch
2. DAVIS - CHIBULL TEASE ME - pretty little thing, super sweet expression. nice shape, level topline and good tail set. Just lacked a bit animation today
3. HARTLEY AND FAHEY - GARNOX BACK TO BLACK FOR ZOOMEERA
PUPPY BITCH (7)
1. DAY - BRATILDA GALWAY GIRL AT MONICACHI - confident cream bitch. large dark eye, good size ears on well domed skull. moved well
2. FOTHERGILL - DIAMONCHI LITTLE MISS STAR - this is a nice girl, good type and pleasing to the eye, just lacks confidence at the moment and needs to keep her tail up, hence 2nd today. hope it comes
3. SUTTON - NOT ACADEMIC AT ALL NIKITOS
JUNIOR BITCH (9)
1. LANGFORD - BOETANDALES SHE'S GOT RHYTHM - pretty girl. liked her head and expression with large dark eye, definite stop and good length of muzzle. good reach of neck onto level topline. just not too happy today
2. LANE - DENIQUE MISS SPELLED red and white bitch of good type. nice big eye, well placed ears. held topline well on the move and on the stand
3. EDWARDS - COPYMEAR ILAC WINE
NOVICE BITCH (4)
1. DAVIS - CHIBULL PRINCESS ALIYAN what a little poppet. small cream. very pretty facially with large dark eye, well set ears and good dome of head
2. SUTTON - WE GOT TOLD YOU GOT SOLD TO NIKITOS - larger girl of useful size. large dark eye. nice in profile. just lost out in her general carriage while she was moving
3. HILL - LILLIPUTCHI MINI ME
GRADUATE BITCH (6,3)
1. BERWICK - HIGHLANDCHIS STAR GAZER -lovely little tri that quite caught my eye. compact, with nice head features and pleasing expression. well balanced, good topline and correct tail carriage. Just had something about her that stood out, RCC
2. 2ND IN JUNIOR
3. FOTHERGILL - DIAMONDCHI FAIRY DUST
POST GRADUATE BITCH (3)
1. HUMPHREYS - AMARANTOS CASSINI JW - this cream bitch excels in profile, lovely shape and balance, with good set on of tail, reach of neck onto level topline. good turn of stifle. moved well covering the ring with easy.
2. EDWARDS - TORRE DEL PILAR DANCING LADY - fawn bitch of good type. likied her expression, with large dark eye, lean cheeks and good dentition
3. HILL - LILLIPUTCHI SHADY LADY
LIMIT BITCH (7,2)
1. RAPTAKIS - MYSTIC LEGION DIVA (ATC AV01891GRC) - super little tri, absolutely full of energy and fun, her tail never stopped wagging. nice shape and balance. moved well when she settled a bit, just full of energy
2. LANGFORD - BOETANDALES PHANTOM MENACE - another lovely tri. nice type and shape, lots to like, its s pity she had no interest in showing today and looked rather 'fed up', did enough to win class
3. LANE - DENIQUE SERENITY
OPEN BITCH (4)
1. ROONEY - JICARA HIGH VOLTAGE AT YORONE - lovely bitch of good type. won this class on movement, plenty reach and drive, holding level topline. nice tail set and carriage. never stopped showing
2. HOLLAND-SMITH - DIAMONCHI SHINE LIKE A STAR - another nice bitch, good topline and spring of rib. good in profile. just preferred movement and animation of winner today
3. ANDERSON LUMANATII'S THE WONDER OF YOU
CHAMPION BITCH (3.1)
1. ROONEY - CH BORJOMI BEYONCE AT YORONE - very pretty small compact girl in tip top condition. loved her saucy expression with large dark eye and well placed large ears. super shape and although fine, she is well balanced. moved with drive. won this class easily. pleased to award her BCC, unfortunately that was enough performing for her for one day and lost interest when it was time for best of breed, shame
2 SUTTON - CH NIKITOS NOTHINGLIKENORMAL JW - larger tri girl. excels in profile, good reach of neck onto level topline. good tail set and carriage. Moved well
LONG COAT CRITIQUE
Northern Counties Chihuahua Club
27th October 2019
I would like to thank the Officers and Committee for inviting me to judge this well run show and my Stewards for keeping the ring flowing; and of course to the Exhibitors who gave me a super entry, I am most grateful. The atmosphere was warm and friendly and I enjoyed my day with you all.
Veteran Dog (3)
1st Jones’ Kushira Fireflash. Cream and white with pleasing head, good stop and nice round eyes. Straight front and moved well.
2nd Sangster’s Tidos Christmas Gift. Red of smaller type, short back, in good coat. level topline with good tail set. Moved well.
3rd Costigan’s Incason Riders on the storm
Minor Puppy Dog (4,1)
1st Lee’s Aristodemus Future legend of Ridgehawk. Nicely coupled with a pleasant expression. Pleasing head with dark, round eye. Good mouth. Straight front, well bodied with a good tailset on the move.
2nd Hargreave’s Tampico all you need is love. Bigger type, nicely put together with good head. Large, dark round eyes and good reach of neck. Good tail carriage, good turn of stifle, moved well.
3rd Todd-McCoid’s QQ’s Amazing prince of pearls. Fawn boy of good type. Nice head with good eye and ear set. Good front, level topline, moved well.
Puppy Dog (5)
1st Emmerson’s Imsmirelles Parti Boy. Red and white parti boy. Lovely head, nicely presented with well laid shoulders. Good front, level topline and good angulation to rear quarters, moved with style.
2nd Gray’s Rubyanlo Bertie Buttons. Cream boy with good head and nice round eye. Large ears, good front, nicely balanced. Moved well and carried tail well on the move.
3rd Hargreaves’ Tampico Love is all you need. Fawn boy with good head. In nice condition; good reach of neck . Straight front, well laid shoulders and moved well.
Junior Dog (12)
1st Rooney’s Parisland the Gigolo with Yorone. Cream with lovely head, large flared ears, good reach of neck. Slightly longer in body but in excellent condition. A real showman. Coat silky and not overdone in any way. I’m sure this boy will soon get his title; a credit to his breeder.
2nd Morley’s Lykath Flash Harry at Loroso. Tricolour with lovely head and nice level topline. Good front, moved very well.
3rd Byrne & Joiner’s Jotolemar Dangerous Times with Dacatelo. Cream boy with nice head, dark eye. In good coat. Moved well.
Novice Dog (3)
1st Obringer’s Rafina Tangerine Tango Chiaffie (Imp USA). Cream with nice head, big eye and ear. Nice reach of neck in good coat. Straight front. Good hind quarters. Moved well around the ring.
2nd Meadow’s White Angle Buziaczek at Shamead (Imp Pol). Red and white, pleasing head with nice eye, large ears and with good depth of chest, good front. Nicely put together. Good reach of neck. Moved around the ring with ease.
3rd Hughes’ Darsueian Perfect Lover. Red boy with good head and eye. Nicely coated. Good front, moved well.
Graduate Dog (4)
1st Wills’ Dorenty Chewi Veeton. Cream boy with lovely head, large eye and well placed ears which are fringed well. Nicely put together. Good reach of neck. Nicely coated with good hind quarters. Moved around the ring with ease.
2nd Daly’s Lozmarchi Macs Midnight. Red and white of good type. Pleasing head, nice round eye. Straight topline, nicely carried tail and moved briskly.
3rd Swales’ Sleepyhollow Richard at Sealaws. Best head in dogs. I really loved this boy. Melting eyes, good reach of neck. A tad long in body but did not disappoint. Good topline, straight front. Good rear movement. Tailset for me needs to be up more but hope he will get better with time.
Post Graduate dog
1st Emmerson’s Red and white of good type with super head. Round dark eye and nicely fringed ears. Good length of neck and in super coat. Moved with style around the neck.
2nd Morley’s Corentin Chidonna with Efterpi (Imp Pol) Light cream sable of larger type. Good head and large eye and ear. Well coated, good mouth and moved well around the ring.
3rd Jones’ Peepeetolyn Last Dance This boy is very sound. Good in type, strong head, good eye, moved well.
Limit Dog (9,1)
1st Waterwoth’s Barwater Snow Patrol. Cream, pretty head and good eye. Well coated. Good mouth and body. Moved with correct brisk action, true in both front and rear movement. Good turn of stifle.
2nd Green’s Ellochi Chasing Stars JW. Blue Fawn, nice head and nicely presented. Good eye, ear well fringed. Nicely put together, good front and straight back and moved very well around the ring.
3rd Berrington’s Ellochi Crazy Nights for Pappersley JW. This boy for me is a bit long, but a real showboy. Very pretty head, large eye, good coat. Loved the ring. Moved with style.
Open Dog (11,3)
1st Conquest’s Chihohit Favourite Appolon at Storyland (Imp BLR). White Dog, in lovely condition. Dark round eyes, nice earset, good fringing, good reach of neck and good body. Straight front and carrying a level topline. Moved gracefully around the ring.
2nd Wills’ Dorenty’s Dazzlin Duncan. Blue fawn. Good head, nice eye and ear. Short back, good reach of neck and in good coat. Moved well around the ring.
3rd Hargreaves’ Lookum Manchestre by Tampico. Red boy of good type. Good head, large eye and good reach of neck. Good mouth and level topline. Moved well.
Champion Dog (5)
1st Humphrey’s Ch. Amarantos Tobin. Beautiful head and expression with large, round eyes, long ear fringing, nice reach of neck. In lovely condition. Good mouth, straight front, level topline with a good tailset. Moved swiftly around the ring.
2nd Alarion’s Int Ch. Legend Harry D’Isle au vert coteau. Very balanced boy with a lovely head. Correct ear placement, dark round eye and in lovely condition. Good topline. In good coat. Moved around the ring with ease.
3rd Sangster’s Ch. Tidos Charlie he’s my Darlin at Kirslaidh. Sable boy with good coat, nice head, dark eye, well placed ears, good mouth, straight front. Moved well in front and rear. Showed with swift movement.
Veteran Bitch (12,3)
1st Austin’s Mairichis Blossom. This little girl has great ring presence for such a good age of 11 years. Red and white with pleasing head, dark round eye, good stop. Still has teeth intact. Good reach of neck, level topline, straight front and well curled tail. Moved around the ring with style.
2nd Bowen-Parker’s Muriella Try Harder for Mum with Parkbow. Tri bitch of seven years. Still has her teeth. Pleasing head and well laid shoulders. Good front and moved well coming and going.
3rd Hughes’ Trefanney Prudence VW. Red and white. Good head with well placed ears, good reach of neck. Nice eye, straight front, moved well.
Minor Puppy Bitch (8,4)
1st Horsley’s Hushabye Once upon a dream. 7.5 months. This puppy caught my eye as she entered the ring. Cream, in good coat, nice head, dark eye, correct ear placement and a good mouth leading in to a good reach of neck. Straight front, level topline. Good tail carriage. Moved swiftly around the ring. Just loved her.
2nd O’Neil’s Chirolin Lovebug. Red, 7 month old with pleasing head. Nice dark eye. Good ear placement with a good neck. Well balanced with a level topline. Moved well in both directions.
3rd Lynch Garnox Tickety Boo. Cream girl
Puppy Bitch (8,3)
1st Heap & Palmer’s Alltoyways Fantasy Mink. Blue fawn with beautiful head. Nice dark eye, in good coat, level topline. Well placed ears, good neck leading to a straight front. Moved soundly around the ring.
2nd Meadow’s Sabre Buziaczek at Shamead (Imp Pol) Blue fawn with good head and ear placement. Nice eye, good shape to body, well presented and moved well.
3rd Lynch Garnox go with the flow. Blue fawn with good head, nice eye and ear placement. Good front and moved well.
Junior Bitch (11,1)
1st Barwater Agatha Christie of Ridgehawk. Red Sable, lovely head and nice eye. Good ear fringing, good body. Nice front and carried tail well on the move. Moved with ease.
2nd Humphrey’s Sleepyhollow Sonia Amarantos. Super headed girl, large dark eye and with a melting expression. In nice coat. Good front and with good rear movement. One to watch.
3rd Waterworth’s Barwater Miss Marple. Blue fawn with nice head, eye and ear. Good reach of neck, good mouth, straight front and moved well.
Novice Bitch (5,2)
1st Price’s My Precious a true love of Kircyran (imp Swe). Blue fawn with beautiful head, large eye. Good reach of neck, in good coat. Straight front, level back, good tailset which was carried well on the move. Moved with drive.
2nd Meadow’s Sabre Buziaczek at Shamead (Imp Pol) – as puppy bitch
3rd Tomlinson’s Kamehand Galadriel Olorien. Fawn and white girl, good head, nice round eyes, goo mouth. In good condition. Straight front, good tail carriage and moved well.
Graduate Bitch (6,2)
1st Gilling’s Chantico Mercedes of Talocan. Good head, nice eyes and earset. Nicely balanced. Good front and rear movement. In lovely coat, moved around the ring with ease.
2nd O’Neil’s Chirolin Twinkle Twinkle. Tri with good head, nice eye and earset. Straight front and good rear action, moved well.
3rd Hughes’ Trefanney Piper. Tri with pleasing head. Good mouth nice eye and ear, straight front and oved soundly round the ring.
Post Graduate Bitch (12,5)
1st Lynch Garnox Picture This (JW) Cream girl, lovely type, good head, nice dark eye and well fringed ears. Nice reach of neck leading to a straight front. Level back and good rear movement, showed well.
2nd Olive’s Oozoora This girl was nice overall type. Good head and eye, well placed ears, level back with a straight front and moved around the ring soundly.
3rd Todd McCoid’s Another nice girl.
Limit Bitch (10,2)
1st Sangster’s Karlasidh Angel on Ice. Red, a well coated and good type. Lovely head and dark eye. Good reach of neck, level back, straight front, good rear movement. Moved very soundly around the ring.
2nd Todd McCoid’s Tinasjoy Tilly McTrotface of Rubyanlo. Tri with nice head. Good mouth, nice dark eye, short in back, ears well placed. Straight front and moved soundly around the ring.
3rd Waterworth’s Yorone Treading the Boards for Barwater. Nicely coated white bitch with lovely head. Dark eye and well placed ears. Good front, level topline. Good angulation in rear. Moved soundly around the ring.
Open Bitch (9)
1st Raptakis Mystic Legion Melina. Red girl with a lovely head, good reach of neck, nice eye and well placed ears. Nice tail carriage. Moved well around the ring. (CC)
2nd Smith’s Pocoperro Lexie. Tri with pleasing head. Nice eye and ear. Nice reach of neck, lovely coat, straight front and good rear action. Good tailset, moved well.
3rd Wills’ Dorenty Aloe Vera. Blue fawn girl with pleasing head. Nice eye and ear and good mouth. Level topline. Good hind action, moved soundly around the ring.
Champion Bitch (3,1)
1st Hornby’s Ch. Torre del Pilar Shelda’s at Bramerita (Imp Spain) Red and white with lovely head and dark eye. Good ear placement. In lovely condition. One that I have admired. Short body, good angulation at rear, moved true. Glided around the ring with ease.
2nd Conquest’s Neo Fabulous Captivation Cream. Another nice type with a good head, nice eye and good ear placement. Good reach of neck, level topline, moved well.